- Exit Parallels
- Launch the Terminal application (in the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder on your hard drive)
- Inside a Teminal command window, type: "cd ~/Library/Parallels"
- Type "ls" (to confirm you're in the right place; you should see a listing of .pvs and .hdd files)
- Type "ls -asl"
- Look for a file whose name begins with a dot (".") and ends in ".lock
- Remove that file by typing "rm -i
" (e.g., "rm -i .winxp.1.pvs.lock") The "-i" tells the remove command to prompt you before deleting the file)
- Type "ls -asl" to confirm that it's gone
- Exit the terminal window (command-Q or type "exit" then command-Q)